See About Philip for more details, but in brief:
- Chief Analytics Officer at Vantage Sports
- Associate Professor of Analytics and Finance at the University of Bridgeport Trefz School of Business
- Founding managing editor of Algorithmic Finance
- Founding co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Sports Analytics
- Analytics consultant for NBA teams
- Attorney at law admitted to practice in California
- Hedge fund portfolio manager
- Award-winning journalist
- Award-winning programmer
- Author of several books
Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Chicago
Master's in Applied Math from Harvard University
Bachelor's in Computer Science from Harvard University
Frequently asked questions
- What is the website for the automated NBA GM stuff?
What is algorithmic finance?
2 minute video
- How does computational efficiency relate to market efficiency?
18 minute TedXNSIT talk
- What's the connection between music and markets?
8 minute video
- Are sample chapters of Financial Hacking available?
Links at bottom
- Lots of questions on derivatives and volatility...
100+ comments in a q&a on a Reddit AMA